You have few years’ experience as a hydrographic surveyor and are not overpowered by a challenging working environment nor by grease on your new jeans. You overcame unrealistic long working hours and holistic data clouds. You have survived on a vessel rocking and rolling on the infuriated sea while a skipper tells you in plain Dutch that the worst is yet to come. And you still love your profession?
Then your only challenge is to make us employ you!
First step is to mail a letter with your motivation. You can include a CV, but keep it simple.
Send your mail to Saskia Theunissen, STH@deepbv.nl
Deep BV is a survey company based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, specialized in hydrography, geophysics and oceanography. Deep’s main goal is to supply its clients with high-quality data that provides reliable insights into the underwater world. Deep’s areas of operation include inshore waterways, harbours, coastal zones and offshore areas. Projects are carried out worldwide.
Deep deploys a full range of survey techniques and uses high-end equipment and operates its own fleet of vessels.
Deep’s staff is a tight-knit group of professionals who are highly motivated to make the most of every project for every client, simply because they love their job!
You will find Deep working for renewable energy operators, marine contractors, engineering consultancy firms, offshore construction, salvage companies and government organizations.
As a HSEQ Specialist it is your role to promote the awareness and understanding of HSEQ-policies and to advice our management to improve our policies. You are responsible for supporting our surveyors, projectmanagers and skippers with the objective to achieve a good safety, health, environmental and quality performance. Professional HSEQ knowledge and expertise combined with hands-on personality is expected to drive a HSEQ culture within Deep. If this is you, then we’ll be happy to meet you!
• maintain and improve overall HSEQ awareness in Deep related locations and projects
• ensure that quality and safety policies are properly implemented and adherd to;
• analyze client requirements on HSEQ level, prepare procedures, method statement and risk assessment at project level and review all project documentation and quality;
• pro-actively reviewing existing procedures as part of the system improvement feedback cycle;
• responsible for incidents- and accident reporting, analyzing root causes and following up of mitigating and preventive measures;
• ensuring and verifying that corrective and preventive actions and solutions are actually implemented;
• represent Deep at the necessary HSEQ meeting with clients, authorities, etc.
• operational support for projects in the field of HSEQ
For the position of HSEQ Specialist we are looking for candidates with three to four years of relevant work experience. You will have gained experience as a HSEQ Specialist, or operational experience in a similar job. You don’t mind to work irregular times.
In addition, you have:
• a Bachelor’s Degree in a maritime, nautical or technical discipline and/or higher safety expert;
• knowledge of management standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001;
• knowledge of HSEQ legislation, guidelines and standards.
• knowledge of safety procedures, emergency procedures, communication procedures, quality assurance documents.
• a good command of English.
• Good communication (written, verbal) and social skills;
• Competences: results orientation, quality orientation, problem analysis and judgement, hands-on personality, leadership, decision making capabilities, ability to manage change, flexible, independent, accurate.
In case you’re interested in this vacancy, please email your motivation letter and your resume to Saskia Theunissen, HR manager Deep, STH@deepbv.nl
Acquisition related tot this vacancy will not be appreciated.
This text is only available in Dutch.