Deep BV is an innovative hydrographic and geophysical survey company, formed by a close group of more than 80 professionals who are highly motivated to go the extra mile for every client in delivering the best data possible, in a sustainable, efficient and fun manner.
Deep BV is a nearshore survey specialist, with a fleet of survey vessels and ASV’s, acquiring and analyzing hydrographic and geophysical data for a wide variety of clients in 5 main markets: renewable energy, infrastructure, government, salvage and decommissioning. We work with a wide range of data acquisition techniques, including our very successful in house developed UXO-detection-wing (otherwise known as the Iron Lady).
As Deep continues to develop in its field, we are now looking for an experienced and innovative data professional to join our company.
As a Geo-data Team Lead you will pilot the future shaping of a key aspects of our work, the client deliverable: processing, interpretation, reporting and data management.
You will lead a group of approximately 15 data processors and specialists (both hydrographic and geophysical) and are responsible for the development of this agile self-organizing team. You will drive our processing automation agenda, working together with our Innovation Team.
Your data team works closely with the project management teams, creating the deliverables for our clients. In this role you are not directly responsible for the project specific deliverables; this responsibility lies within the project management team. But as a Geo-data Team Lead you facilitate the overall planning, making sure we have data processors and specialist available to support the project, and key is the well-being and development of the team itself. Both the data team and project teams are part of the operational department.
Next to the project support, you are responsible that the data team maintains its technical and professional expertise in the field of work and improves its knowledge on the latest developments in data processing software. You will also support our specialists by becoming a principal lead in their specific domain and support them in engaging in professional publications and research papers.
Deep is on the way to be a planet proof, sustainable survey company. In this role you will have the opportunity and the freedom to help create a sustainable future for our industry!
Your responsibilities and tasks are:
- Line manager of 15 data processors and specialists
- Supporting the project management teams with their data requirements
- Growing the development, driving efficiency and innovation within your team
- Improving the standard for our best practices and client deliverables
- Working together with our Innovation Team to support our automation agenda
- Supporting research and development, including publishing of papers
- Responsible for data management, including software packages and availability of resources to enable the best data processing and delivery
For this role we are looking for someone with the following skills and competences:
- Management experience (team 5+ pax)
- Several years of experience in a similar position; preferably in geophysics, surveying, mapping, GIS, or related disciplines
- Knowledge of techniques and relevant software is a pre
- Effective communication skills
- People oriented, with problem resolution and analytical skills
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- You live, or want to live, in the Netherlands at commuting distance from Amsterdam
- You have an EU-residency/work permit, or possibility to obtain a permit
- Available for 0,8-1,0 FTE (32-40 hours working week)
We offer you a varied work environment with possibilities to develop further and the opportunity to contribute to our sustainability goals and innovative projects:
- You will be working in a team of like-minded professionals
- Development and innovation are a high priority at Deep BV
- Excellent salary package and attractive secondary benefits
- The office with beautiful roof terrace for lunch and drinks is located in Amsterdam Noord, only a ferry ride away from the center, and easily reachable from outside of Amsterdam
- You will be part of a growing, inspiring and innovative international company
If you are interested in this vacancy then upload your motivation letter and CV and leave your contact details in the form below.
If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact Daphne Gautier – HR: DGA@deepbv.nl.