The technical department makes sure Deep materiel is kept at a high level of operational readiness. This includes state-of-the-art equipment, vessels and cars. Maintenance is done in the Deep warehouse and workshop, but also by a specialised supply chain including wharfs and equipment manufacturers. The modest team consists of technical and equipment engineers and an R&D specialist.
As the Head of the Technical Department you lead the team, optimise the technical support to the project teams and make sure that all Deep materiel is in tip top condition. You advise the board on further development of the TD.
Together with the project managers and the tender manager you form the day to day management of the project portfolio of Deep, supported by HR and HSEQ specialists. Your main responsibilities and tasks are:
- As a line manager you organise the workload for the TD and align this with the priorities of the project teams
- You will build a strong TD team
- You will further structure preventive maintenance while keeping a flexible operational impact for any reactive maintenance
- You will set a clear policy on procurement, securing the most cost effective way as well as clear agreements with our supply chain
- You will manage further structuring of the administrative processes within the TD
- You will provide a clear overview of operational readiness of all Deep materiel, including technical status and certification.
- You will report to the board on budget and organisational development
For this role we are looking for a strong and clear personality:
- Combining an operational ‘get it done’ mentality with strategic development
- Strong communication skills with a high service standard internally with your team and externally with our suppliers and contract partners; cooperative and clear, but firm if needed.
- Technical knowledge wide enough to enable you to discuss technical issues with surveyors, skippers, suppliers, wharfs, mechanics and upper management
- Strong team builder
- Tertiary degree with a (maritime) technical background; thorough understanding of electro technical
- Management experience leading a team
- Good contractual and procurement skills
- Good command of English and Dutch language
- Living or wanting to live in the Netherlands at commuting distance from Amsterdam
- Prepared to work outside office hours and office location when needed
- Available 0,8-1,0 FTE (32-40 hours working week)
We offer you a varied work environment with possibilities to develop further. A role in which work in the office and project can alternate. There is plenty of room to further develop yourself. Of course, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to our super innovative projects in collaboration with others. We offer an excellent conditional package that fits your background and experience.
If you are interested in this vacancy, then your challenge is to make us employ you! First step is to mail your motivation letter and CV via E-mail to Hyke Zoon, HR Advisor Deep, HZO@deepbv.nl.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Please note that we only will be able to take your application into consideration if you have a EU- residency / work permit.
This vacancy was created on the basis of interviews with employees in the position. This way you get a realistic picture of the job.
SEND US YOUR MOTIVATION.