We are looking for an IT “Wizzkid” that is ‘up’ for a work environment with a difference. Either you will deliver support to one of your colleagues in the office or on one of our vessels. This might bring the challenge that you will have to brave weather conditions of about 10 knots per hour. In reality this may not happen, but you might be working on getting our Hydrographic Surveyors back on track with all the technical equipment on board. To say the least, a day at Deep is always different and fun.
As a Desktop Support Technician at Deep you never know from which direction a question may come from. The support questions range from setting up a laptop for a new Deeper to sorting out a technical problem on our vessel in Djibouti. In the end, that does not matter to you either.
- Your focus is to ensure the proactive support of our IT-infrastructure at our office in Amsterdam or on one of our vessels.
- You offer the right support for an environment of about 70 users. You will do this at the desk, on the phone or on board, because sometimes a problem can only be solved on the spot and then we will send you there.
- Quality and service are very important to you, that reflects in the way your administration is in order or the level of your participation in projects.
- Your knowledge and ingenuity are needed on shore and on board.
You employ your analytical skills, communication skills and proactivity to solve the issue with your colleague. Bottom line, we ask you to use your common sense and when we see you handle yourself in different situations and your ‘customers’ are happy, then we are happy. Obviously, we ask of you to always find the best solution.
- MBO education in an IT-related direction
- We would like to see you have two years of experience in Service Desk role;
- Knowledge of networks, Office 365, Office MDT
- Active Directory
- Knowledge on Group User Policies, VPN service and management
- Worked with Cisco CCNA (knowledge of routers and switches)
- Loads of enthusiasm and willingness to improve a bit every day the way we work at Deep
- Speak and write Dutch and English
We offer you a varied work environment with possibilities to develop further. A role in which work in the office and on a project can alternate and plenty of room to further develop yourself by following a training program. Of course, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to our super innovative projects in collaboration with others. And we have an excellent conditional package that fits your background and experience.
If you are interested, send an email with your motivation to Hyke Zoon firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting IT Support Person. Please note that we only will be able to take your application into consideration if you have a EU- residency / work permit.
This vacancy was created on the basis of interviews with employees in the position. This way you get a realistic picture of the job.
This vacancy is based on information from interviews with employees in the position. This to give you a realistic idea of the job.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.