As a Senior Geophysicist working within Deep you will be responsible for all geophysical related tasks/aspects of a project. This includes everything from project preparations (geological desktop study, survey planning etc.), execution of the fieldwork and data analysis (QA/QC), to data processing, reporting and charting.
You should be able to collaborate with colleagues as part of a (project) team but also feel comfortable working independently without supervision.
Your core functions are:
- Executing all kinds of geophysical survey operations in line with internal procedures and external/client specifications;
- Processing of geophysical survey data, charting and report writing;
- Maintenance of measuring instruments and all other project survey equipment;
- Taking care of administrative requirements on project level
Deep is looking for someone with the following experience and competencies:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Geophysics, Geology or a related Earth Science;
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position;
- In possession of a valid driver’s license (B, preferably incl. BE);
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of sidescan sonar, sub bottom profiler, magnetometer acquisition and processing;
- Core competencies: accurate, very flexible, a team-player, good interpersonal skills.
It regards a permanent position (no freelancing)
Not one day is the same at Deep, we have an informal but “get it done” mentality. Deep is a young dynamic company full of ambition where professionalism and quality come first.
- You will be working in a team of like-minded professionals;
- Training and development are a high priority at Deep;
- We have an attractive pension scheme and more wonderful secondary benefits such as delicious lunch on the roof terrace, travel allowance and beautiful Deep merchandise;
- The office is located in Amsterdam Noord, only a ferry ride away from the center, and easily reachable from outside of Amsterdam;
- You will be part of a growing, inspiring and innovative international company.
If you are interested in this vacancy, then your only challenge is to make us employ you! First step is to upload your motivation letter and CV and leave your contact details in below form.
Please note that we only will be able to take your application into consideration if you have a EU- residency / work permit.
If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact Laura Grijpsma: LGR@deepbv.nl.