The Technical Department makes sure Deep is always ready to collect subsurface data, to give our customers the results they need, whenever they need this.
With your team you will be responsible to maintain a high level of operational readiness for our high-end technology, in-house developed survey tools, vessels and cars. Maintenance is done in the Deep warehouse and workshop, but Deep also has a network of specialised suppliers, including wharfs and equipment manufacturers.
You will be leading a team of multiple Deepers, consisting of technical specialist and equipment engineers. A key objective will be to optimise the technical support to the Project teams and make sure that all Deep survey tools & vessels are in perfect working condition. To achieve this Deep started a Lean process and it will be up to the Technical Department to develop this into a working solution.
Deep’s ambition is to be a planet proof, sustainable survey company and the Technical Department needs to play a key role in seeking and implementing sustainable solutions.
In this role you will report to the Managing Director and advise the management team on further development of the Technical Department.
Together with the Project Managers and the Commercial Manager you form the day to day management of the project portfolio of Deep, supported by HR and HSEQ specialists. Your main responsibilities and tasks are:
- As a leader you organise the workload for the Technical Department and align this with the priorities of the Project teams.
- You will develop and coach the Technical Department.
- You share our ambition to contribute to sustainability.
- You will further structure preventive maintenance while keeping a flexible operational impact for any reactive maintenance.
- You will set a clear policy on procurement, securing the most cost-effective way as well as clear agreements with our supply chain.
- You will manage further structuring of the administrative processes within the TD
- You will provide a clear overview of operational readiness of all Deep BV materiel, including technical status and certification.
- You will report to the board on budget and organisational development.
For this role we are looking for someone who is eager, innovative and committed and who:
- Combines an operational ‘get it done’ mentality with strategic development.
- Has strong communication skills with a high service standard internally with your team and externally with our suppliers and contract partners; cooperative and clear, but firm if needed.
- Has wide technical understanding to discuss technical issues with surveyors, skippers, suppliers, wharfs, mechanics and upper management.
- Strong team builder.
- Management experience in leading a team.
- Good contractual and procurement skills.
- Fluent in English and Dutch language.
- Living or wanting to live in the Netherlands at commuting distance from Amsterdam.
- Prepared to work outside office hours and office location when needed.
- Available 0,8-1,0 FTE (32-40 hours working week).
We offer you a varied work environment with possibilities to develop further. We offer you the opportunity to contribute to our innovative projects in collaboration with others. We offer an appropriate conditional package that fits your background and experience.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please mail your motivation letter and CV as soon as possible to Daphne Gautier, HR Deep, DGA@deepbv.nl.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Please note that we only will be able to take your application into consideration if you have a EU- residency / work permit.