Deep BV is formed by a close group of more than 80 professionals who are highly motivated to go the extra mile for every client in delivering the best data possible. We are looking for an enthusiastic Interim Project Manager with extensive project management experience in the maritime industry to join our team!
The four project teams in Deep are in the lead to provide our clients with the subsurface data and insights they need for their projects. You will work closely with our clients to ensure that the project is executed according to the client’s deliverables and on time and budget.
As an Interim Project Manager you will be part of one of the four project teams within Deep and work together with a Data and Reporting Coordinator and Project Surveyor. In addition, the team consists of approximately eight field surveyors and you can use the experience of our data processing team. Your team drives client satisfaction and contributes to the general development and innovation capabilities of Deep. Together you will be responsible for the safe and successful completion of multiple projects running at the same time from start to finish, where you have the final accountability.
In this role you will report to the Operations Director and work with the other Deepers to create a sustainable future.
Your responsibilities and tasks are:
- Provide our clients with the right expertise and develop a sustainable relationship.
- You are the main client contact during project execution.
- Be overall responsible for delivery of projects within scope, budget and time.
- Develop and lead your team.
- Support the commercial team in tenders, maintain relation with our sub-contractors and other teams in Deep.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation on projects by using new techniques and ideas.
- Monitor the project organisation, planning and financial controlling aspects of the projects and work closely with our financial manager to gain valuable insights.
- Contribute to Deep’s ambition is to be a planet proof survey company.
For this role we are looking for someone who is eager, passionate and committed and with the following skills and competences:
- Project Manager with Bachelor or University degree in an industry associated discipline.
- Extensive experience in project management in the maritime industry.
- Effective communication skills.
- A good sense for commercial and contractual aspects of the job.
- Interpersonal skills to interface with the project team as well as the client.
- Excellent planning skills, capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Highly organised, with problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- You live in the Netherlands at commuting distance from Amsterdam.
- Available for 32-40 hours per working week on a freelance basis from 1 Februari 2023.