Deep BV is an innovative hydrographic and geophysical survey company, formed by a close group of more than 80 professionals who are highly motivated to go the extra mile for every client in delivering the best data possible, in a sustainable, efficient and fun manner.
Deep’s fleet of crewed and autonomous vessels work in projects across the world collecting hydrographic and geophysical data in various challenging environments. As Deep continues to develop in its field, we are now looking for experienced and innovative Sub-Bottom Profiler Data Specialist, with experience in shallow geology, to join our company.
As the Sub-Bottom Profiler Data Specialist at Deep BV, you’ll be part of a dynamic team comprised of hydrographic and geophysical data processors, data specialists, and software developers. You will be in charge of innovation and development for Sub-Bottom Profiler Data. You’ll split your time between processing for projects and development, where you’ll work directly with software developers and data
scientists to produce cutting edge research to improve efficiency within processing and operations, as well as for conference and academic publications.
- Act as a Senior Data Processor for sub-bottom profiler data with time devoted to optimization, innovation and streamlining workflows.
- Advisor to Data Lead on software, best practice methods, deliverables, and innovation.
- Ability to independently handle all aspects of processing and interpretation of the data.
- Independent QC, problem solving, and decision making with regards to the data.
- Advise Project Surveyors on acquisition best practices.
- Mentoring and training co-workers as necessary to grow the skills of the data processing team, including instructing on SBP theory.
- Actively follow external developments to maintain knowledge about best practices regarding processing, reporting, and deliverables, and communicate these to Data Lead and the processing team.
- Actively contribute to R&D projects and attend and present research at conferences.
- Initiate improvements to existing processing workflows and the development of new ones.
- Support automation and be the main contact with the software developers to test and implement new and other relevant efficiencies.
- Create and maintain reusable documentation for use in workflows, training materials, quotations, Project Execution Plans, reports and social media.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Applied Geophysics, or related field.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience.
- Expert level in ISE and Kingdom, or equivalent software is required.
- Expert level in processing parametric data is required.
- Expert level experience with seismic interpretation.
- Experience with other geophysical or hydrographical data types such as Magnetics, Side Scan Sonar, Sub-bottom profiling, Multibeam or Backscatter.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Nice to haves but not essential…
- Experience in processing chirp, sparker, or boomer data.
- Experience with multi-channel systems.
- Experience with cable depth of burial.
- Python programming experience.
- Experience with software development tools such as Git and GitHub.
- Experience with GIS software such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Experience with other geophysical or hydrographical data types such as side scan sonar, magnetometer, multibeam echosounder, or backscatter.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please upload your motivation letter and CV and leave your contact details in the form below. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact HR –HR@deepbv.nl.