Deep BV is an innovative hydrographic and geophysical survey company, formed by a close group of more than 80 professionals who are highly motivated to go the extra mile for every client in delivering the best data possible, in a sustainable, efficient and fun manner.
Deep’s fleet of crewed and autonomous vessels work in projects across the world collecting hydrographic data in various challenging environments. As the amount of data collected continues to grow, we need to look for smarter ways to process and handle our geospatial datasets. That is why we are now looking for an experienced and innovative software developer to join our company.
As a Python Software Developer at Deep BV, you will be part of a team that develops innovative internal solutions for hydrographic and geophysical survey data. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with at least 2 years of professional experience writing clean, readable and production ready code. You will work in a dynamic environment, collaborating with interdisciplinary professionals such as geophysicists, hydrographic surveyors, and data scientists to develop cutting-edge internal software solutions. In this position you will have room to express your own ideas and have an impact on our software design and implementation.
- Help to implement software best practices to grow our codebase into a scalable internal product to process our data.
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Optimizing code for robustness and speed, ensuring efficient processing of large datasets.
- Working closely with other team members to design and develop software solutions that meet the needs of our clients.
- Maintaining and updating existing software solutions and related documentation, ensuring that they are up to date and functioning correctly.
- Providing technical support to colleagues as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 2+ years of professional experience in Python software development.
- Experience with data visualization and data analysis libraries, such as matplotlib, pandas, numpy and scipy.
- Experience with software development tools such as Git and GitHub.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with database storage systems preferred (e.g. MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience handling geospatial data
- Using Docker in a production environment
- Knowledge of object-orientated programming.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Nice to haves but not essential:
- Understanding of Deep learning with a focus on Computer Vision algorithms such as Convolution Neural networks
- Experience with Deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch or Keras
- Experience with traditional machine learning algorithms in scikit-learn
- Experience handling large point cloud datasets and 3D data.
- Knowledge of GIS/Geospatial data, such as QGIS or ArcGIS…
- A challenging and dynamic work environment, with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- A competitive salary package, including attractive secondary benefits.
- Training and development opportunities to help you stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends.
- A fun and inspiring office environment, located in Amsterdam Noord, with a beautiful roof terrace for lunch and drinks.
- A growing, innovative, and international company where you can make a difference.
- Flexible and remote working possibilities
If you are interested in this vacancy then upload your motivation letter and CV and leave your contact details in the form below.
If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact us: HR@deepbv.nl.